In this episode, we talk about fair housing and senior living and moving beyond the basics. This episode covers the Top 5 unique fair housing challenges that we find in senior living. It also includes a brief court case summary and how it relates to a senior housing property management company.[Read more…]
In this episode, we talk about fair housing and student living and moving beyond the basics. And we’re happy to introduce a new segment to our show called The Fair Housing Five. This episode covers the Top 5 unique challenges that we find in student living.[Read more…]
Episode 3 Fair Housing Education
Episode 3 of our complimentary Fair Housing educational sessions. In this session, we cover the following key topics.
- HUD’s has proposed new regulations in an effort to relieve housing providers from their anxiety about disparate impact. Should you be relieved?
- A two persons per bedroom occupancy policy may not withstand a disparate impact analysis. If not, what type of policy will?
- Four recommendations for developing a criminal history policy that will avoid a fair housing challenge.
Episode 2 Fair Housing Education
Episode 2 of our complimentary Fair Housing educational sessions. In this session, we cover the following questions.
- What is sexual harassment in housing?
- Can being too friendly get you in trouble?
- How do you find a balance?
- What are some best practices to prevent sexual harassment claims?
The Fair Housing Institute is happy to provide you with this Fair Housing on-demand webinar. The seven protected classes are one thing. Service animals, assistance animals, marijuana, and website accessibility are all micro topics that housing providers are keenly interested in.[Read more…]