In this episode, we take a look back at Fair Housing in 2020 and what we can expect in 2021. What awaits us in the coming year? Be sure to check out the full episode and share it with your property management team.[Read more…]
In this episode, we talk about fair housing and senior living and moving beyond the basics. This episode covers the Top 5 unique fair housing challenges that we find in senior living. It also includes a brief court case summary and how it relates to a senior housing property management company.[Read more…]
In this episode, we talk about fair housing and student living and moving beyond the basics. And we’re happy to introduce a new segment to our show called The Fair Housing Five. This episode covers the Top 5 unique challenges that we find in student living.[Read more…]
Episode 3 Fair Housing Education
Episode 3 of our complimentary Fair Housing educational sessions. In this session, we cover the following key topics.
- HUD’s has proposed new regulations in an effort to relieve housing providers from their anxiety about disparate impact. Should you be relieved?
- A two persons per bedroom occupancy policy may not withstand a disparate impact analysis. If not, what type of policy will?
- Four recommendations for developing a criminal history policy that will avoid a fair housing challenge.
Episode 2 Fair Housing Education
Episode 2 of our complimentary Fair Housing educational sessions. In this session, we cover the following questions.
- What is sexual harassment in housing?
- Can being too friendly get you in trouble?
- How do you find a balance?
- What are some best practices to prevent sexual harassment claims?
The Fair Housing Institute is happy to provide you with this Fair Housing on-demand webinar. The seven protected classes are one thing. Service animals, assistance animals, marijuana, and website accessibility are all micro topics that housing providers are keenly interested in.[Read more…]